A lot and not a lot of changes.
- redesigned schema to accommodate server name as part of Primary Key for the central repository
That's it. PK changed in every table and procedure. Looks like small change but with a huge impact.
- [fixed] handle collation match in job deployment logic
- [fixed] address INT2 wait_stats overflow on busy systems
- [fixed] added XES collection steps to to the performance collector job
- [fixed] handling of empty wait_info recordset for default system_health session
- [fixed] improved deployment of multi-step jobs
- [fixed] added index stats collector step to the index collector job
- [change] whoisactive job is now deployed disabled by default
- [new feature] Added default filter on whoisactive collector to only collect sessions lasting over 15 seconds. This is configurable as a parameter in the procedure.
- Performance tweaks in [dbo].[ufn_time_intervals]
[fixed] issue #47
- [added] interrogate system_health extended event session to get information about long waits including query text, workers and long io requests.
- [added] new snapshot (6) for query text with default 3-day retention
[added] new performance dashboard with lots of new tabs: Query statistics, memory, database performance, logical file performance, logical disk performance and generic performance counter analyser
- [removed] dacpac from branches. these are binary files causing merge problems. dacpacs are now available in releases.
- [fixes] #52 hardcoded database name in one of the job steps breaking deployment via dbatools.io
- [fixes] #53 missing
snapshot_type_id = 3causing PK violation.
- [added] new PowerBI dashboard to monitor disk utilisation
- [added] Win32_Volume logging via PowerShell
- [added] [dbo].[ufn_time_intervals] to address poor performance of time interval generation
- [removed] setup.sql as no longer supported
- [fixed] sp_spaceused logging pre SQL2016 (the @oneresultset problem)